Interest Meeting – 46 minutes –
– Started sign-in sheet. All who signed the sheet have been added to the Active Minds roster through Student Activities and our emailing list. If you would like to be added email: Leslie_Zapata@baylor.edu
– Officer introductions. If you would like to know more about us, check out our Meet Your Officers page.
– Shared Active Minds’ mission and what Baylor University is doing to Change the Conversation. Email us if you have any questions/suggestions about possible events. We cannot advertise events until they have been approved by student activities.
– Suggestion boxes. After every meeting (at 6:00pm) a suggestion box blog post will be available to leave comments, advice, suggestions, and any feedback about the meeting. The comments are anonymous, so we won’t be able to track who says what. Feel free to be honest, because we want our AM chapter at Baylor to meet your needs, while also keeping Active Minds’ mission in mind. After 7 days, comments close on all blog posts so please make sure to leave comments within 7 days. Suggestion box posts are password protected because we are not requiring any visitors to enter a name or email address and we want to make sure only Active Minds members are leaving comments on those posts. The password will be provided at meetings.
– Active Minds donation jar. We are not allowed to collect dues, because of Active Minds’ National rules and regulations. This is great because it allows for any student to join without dealing with the financial burden that most organizations place on student members. However, that also means that most of our money comes from fundraising efforts. We will have a donations jar at all meetings and if you would like to leave your spare change or donate to help Active Minds at Baylor University we would appreciate it!
– Please email t-shirt designs to Leslie_Zapata@baylor.edu. We would like to create a new t-shirt because our Active Minds chapter is four years old and we have not had a new t-shirt since its initiation. On September 18th, at our second meeting, we plan to pick a design so get those designs in! 🙂
– Played some icebreaker games to get to know each other.
Our next meeting is September 18th @ 5:00 pm in BSB C123. All of our meetings for the rest of the semester will be in the same room. We are looking forward to seeing all of you, but if you for some reason have a conflict with our meeting schedule, let us know that you’d like to keep receiving emails about events and stay involved!